Friday, August 24, 2007

Google Sky

Vicki A. Davis beats me to the punch again in her blog post entitled "Take your class sky high... Oh well, I don’t really have time to blog right now anyway so I will direct you to a really great blog and blogger (CoolCatTeacher Blog)


“Ok, teachers of science. Go to Google and download the latest version of Google Earth and you will have a super cool new feature called Google Sky! View Google's mini tour to the left (which they handily posted to youtube.)This lets you turn heavenward to look at constellations and all sorts of things! You can explore: planets, constellations, the moon, galaxies, the life of a star, and the atmosphere.I'm also fascinated by the Google Earth Community which allows you to make and share these files.”

I use Google Earth to highlight the 21 Spanish speaking countries with my Spanish classes. I also show them our school and my house for fun. I’m not sure how I will use Google Sky with my classes, but I will introduce them to it for fun.

Vickie suggests using Google Sky in the following ways…

Ideas for use:

  • Use it in junior high for earth science to interactively explore the sky.
  • Discuss the life of a star.
  • Use it on your smartboard to explore, zoom in, and discuss things.
  • The Hubble Telescope images are available to you and your students!

Too bad I’m not a Science teacher. Well, maybe in the next life!

Thanks for the great post Vicki!

Warm Regards,

William Bishop (Bill)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home