Monday, September 24, 2007

Not oh what! OoVoo!

I received the following comment to my post about Interactive Video Conferencing Classes

“Hi Bill, Interesting to see your work in this area as I have been looking for similar case studies using free video conferencing.I write for ooVooworld, the unofficial WOM world about the free video chat download ooVoo, and wondered if you think this kind of app is 'the future' as much as the more expensive, supervised systems you discuss here - potentially more democratic and accessible to everyone? Do you have any experiences or opinions of people using applications
like ooVoo in teaching in this way? Many thanks, Molly”

Now, I answered her question and I directed her to Viki A. Davis. I could have directed her to Wesley Fryer or Sheryl Nussbaum-Beech, Patrick Crispen or countless others, but then I got to thinking about her questions and I was wondering if any educators out there are using ooVoo as a teaching application with their classes. Is anyone out there using ooVoo as a teaching tool? My question reminds me of Pink Floyd lyrics “…is there anyone out there?” Let me me know!

Warm Regards,

William Bishop (Bill)

Technorati Tags:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bill - thanks for this call out! It will be great to see what you and your readers think.

Cheers, Molly

5:39 AM  
Blogger SirYacksAlot said...

For other free VC software, check out xMeeting - for Macintosh :)

Educators in California can take advantage of the KIDS program - located at...

http://www.k12hsn.org/conferencing/training/kids.php

3:49 AM  
Blogger ashodapakian said...

Our MeBeam is still in alpha, but might be worth checking out.

8:55 AM  
Blogger WBishop said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

9:37 AM  
Blogger assistivetek said...

Hi Bill:

One of my colleagues is looking to use OoVoo in his Graduate program in Global Leadership so that he can connect with others. Is there some way we can connect with your colleagues who are also enrolled in your doctoral program?

Brian S. Friedlander
College of St. Elizabeth
blog: assistivtek.blogspot.com

10:12 AM  
Blogger WBishop said...

Dr. Friedlander

My doctorial cohort is scattered at present. Many of us are finishing up and a few are about half way through. I am just about finished and I actually haven't had the time to use Oovoo, but I'd like to. With that being said, I doubt that anyone in my cohort has the time. However, the University of Alabama does a lot more with technology than UAB. As such, you should contact Dr. Margaret Rice at the University of Alabama. Her contact information is in my latest post. Sorry, I couldn't help more. If I can help you with something in the future please let me know. Also, I am sorry it took me so long to reply to this comment. I hope to do better in the future.

Warm regards,

William Bishop (Bill)
Ed. S. and Ph. D. to be...

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home