Monday, June 18, 2007

Ponce De Leon Inlet

A couple of weeks back the family and I had a chance to visit some of our dearest friends in the world who just happen to live in Ormond Beach Florida. It was wonderful seeing them as we only get the chance to see them once or twice a year. While on the trip the family and I also had the opportunity to visit one of my favorite places in the world (i.e. Ponce De Leon Inlet) and one of my favorite landmarks (i.e. the Ponce De Leon Inlet Lighthouse).
The Ponce Inlet lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse in Florida and in my opinion one of the most beautiful in the world. I love lighthouses as you can tell by the theme of my blog. Here are some more photos.

(A view from the beach...)



I just wish I had thought to take my video camera. If I had, I could have created a virtual tour of the lighthouse and the grounds. A virtual tour would be a great School 2.0 or Classroom 2.0 project.

(A view from the courtyard...)


I plan to create a photo story of the landmark. Also, I had the opportunity to visit St. Augustine and the St. Augustine Lighthouse as well as other historical landmarks. I will share these pictures and others as time allows…

(A view from the bottom)

(A view from the top overlooking the inlet...)









Regards,

William Bishop (Bill)

Technorati Tags:

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home