Wednesday, May 23, 2007

No rest for the weary!

Since Thursday I have been under the weather. I had to take my oldest daughter to the doctor and she has strep. Then yesterday I went to the doctor and they said I had it too. I haven’t missed any school, but I haven’t really felt like blogging. Nevertheless, I have been doing some more research on School 2.0. I’m trying to put the final polish on a presentation that I am going to give this summer at the AETC. Hence, I thought a fitting title for this post would be “No rest for the weary.”

Currently, I am trying to pin down the graphics for the presentation. I don’t want the presentation to be the typical run of the mill Power Point. I want to move the presentation beyond bullet points. I’d love for it to be like Dick Hardt’s Identity 2.0 keynote at OSCON. If you haven’t seen his presentation, you’re missing out. The concept of Identity 2.0 is great, but the presentation itself is phenomenal. My presentation probably won’t even come close to his, but I’m not going to give up hope. I am going to keep on keeping on until I get a presentation that’s close.

This School 2.0 thing that arose out of the ashes of Web 2.0 like a phoenix is what keeps me going. Well, this and the fact that I care about the future of our students and our society as a whole. Also, I’ll keep on keeping on because it is a part of my nature. Keeping on is something that my father instilled in me as a child. The man is sixty and although he retired from his job last year, he hasn’t let stopped working. I am very thankful that I have a father that instilled in me a strong work ethic among other things. As such, I am trying to pass it on to my children and my students. We need to do the same thing with School 2.0. We need to work diligently to sale School 2.0 within our local school settings and beyond for the sake of all children and the future.

Regards,

William Bishop (Bill)

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home