Sunday, April 15, 2007

Classroom 2.0 at Ning

Okay, I just bit the bullet and joined Classroom 2.0 at Ning. This is something that I should have done sometime ago. Well, better late than never! If your not familiar with Classroom 2.0 at Ning, it is a social networking (forum) site set up for the discussion of Web 2.0 applications in the classroom.

I had seen discussion of the Classroom 2.0 at Ning on a number of the RSS feeds that I read (will richardson, vikie davis, david warlick, chris craft, wesley fryer, etc.) but I hadn't joined. Believe it or not, joining the site was rather painless and there are a number of worthwhile posts and discussions going on there currently. Also, you can create a profile page like the ones at MySpace and FaceBook, share pictures and videos, and add friends. Pretty cool! Check out my page at Classroom 2.0 to get a better idea of what I’m talking about.

Steve Hargadon is the creator of Classroom 2.0 at Ning. Also, Steve has a number of worthwhile Web 2.0 projects going on and he is responsible for the Infinite Thinking Machine and SteveHargadon.com. Both, of these are excellent blogs relating to Educational Technology and Web 2.0 in the Classroom. I hope you’ll take the time to look into Classroom 2.0 if you haven’t already. If you’re already there add me as a friend when you get a chance. Thanks…

In the future, maybe I'll discuss Ning as an alternative to Facebook and MySpace. As for now, I am looking forward to reading and participating in the discussions at Classroom 2.0!

William Bishop (Bill)




Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Hargadon said...

Thanks for the kind words. However, while I may be responsible for SteveHargadon.com, I am just one of several contributors to InfiniteThinking.org, and the true creative genius behind that group blog is Chris Walsh (http://www.wested.org/cs/we/view/u/1961).

Glad you "finally" came to Classroom 2.0... Smile... Since the site has only been up less than a month, I don't think you're too late to the game. In fact, I think it's just starting.

Take care.

1:11 AM  
Blogger WBishop said...

Thanks, I should have realized that. Tell Chris Sorry for me. As for Classroom 2.0, I'm glad the ship hasn't sailed without me. I hate being late in the game and with technology moving at the speed of light, it's hard to keep up.

Anyway, I look forward to participating at the Classroom 2.0 site. It looks like there will be more than enough talent there to carry the discussions in a positive manner.

Steve, Thanks for the comment and Classroom 2.0!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home