Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fuzzy Avatars

I was scanning the New York Times online yesterday and came across a great article entitled Fuzzy Critters by Bob Tedeschi. What surprises me the most is that my oldest daughter hasn’t asked for one of these Webkinz, at least not yet. The Fuzzy little animals are real, but they also come with their own avatar online. Talk about Web 2.0 marketing. What will they think of next?

Anyway, I think that these little toys that bridge reality with virtual reality are really cool. As a boy, I would have loved to have a specialized GI Joe with its own online avatar. I just remembered! The Internet didn’t exist when I was a boy. Maybe, I should just try and get my hands on a couple of Webkinz for the girls.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home