Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Vixy: A cool online converter

Anytime I find cool free open source software, I try and highlight it on my blog. As such, I was reading an interesting article posted by Stephen Downes and low and behold he provided a post about Vixy. I am not going to attempt to out write Stephen or Gunnar Schwede so I will use their words. They write:

I signed up for the Second Life Educators mailing list and it paid off in one day, as Gunnar Schwede posts this link. "This service allows you convert a Flash Video / FLV file (Youtube's movie,etc) to MPEG4 (AVI/MOV/MP4/MP3/3GP) file online." Even better, When you submit an url, it will download and convert to the video format. Then you can download the converted file. The the Flash Video to MPEG 4 converter is open source. Various Authors, Farside Inc., March 7, 2007. [Link] The link he mentions, in case you didn’t follow the above hypertext is http://vixy.net/.

This online converter looks very promising and I plan on using it tomorrow. I have some files that I can’t wait to convert. I’m sure with Stephen's endorsement it will do a more than satisfactory job of converting the aforementioned files. I just hope it lasts. Enjoy!

William Bishop (Bill)

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home