Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cup of Joe School 2.0 Style

I log into lostjohns and I find that Silvia aka langwitches was nice enough to drop in and leave a comment. Moreover, she even took the time to write a blog post of her own about what I wrote. How thoughtful! As a result of her post, Joe Dale visited lostjohns and left a comment of his own. Along with his comment he was nice enough to provide various links where Silvia had dropped by and left comments at his blog. I feel like I was provided with my cup of Joe for the day as a result of Joe’s visit. Actually, I’m not old enough to drink coffee yet. I’ve tried it, but it’s not my cup of tea.

In contrast, Joe’s blog is exactly my cup of tea. He has set up a blog called Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom. ICT stands for Information Communication Technologies and MFL stands for Modern Foreign Language [Joe can correct me if I am wrong about either of the abbreviations]. I spent a little time browsing Joe’s site and it provides a great deal of information about integrating information communication technologies into the modern foreign language classroom. It’s a blog that lives up to its name. I added Joe’s blog to my feeds and plan to spend some time in the future reviewing the site. What a great contact to have…

What does all of this have to do with technology? It’s called digital social networking. It isn’t MySpace, Facebook, or Bebo, it is better. I can’t think of a better way to learn about ICTs for my classroom, than discussing it other foreign language teachers that are using them in their classrooms. The premise of digital social networking is that I share what I know and they share what they know. We are no longer isolated by the school and classroom walls. Talk about taking it global! This is what School 2.0 is all about and it isn’t limited by locale.

I’d like to thank Silvia and Joe for connecting with me. I look forward to reading their blogs and conversing with them in the future. I believe that I will learn a lot of information that I will be able to take back and apply within my local school setting. It’s informal professional development school 2.0 style.

Regards,

William Bishop (Bill)

Technorati Tags:





2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this post. I feel very flattered that you've gone to the trouble of creating a customised piece of clipart about my blog.

I hope you don't mind, but I used it when writing up my thoughts for this post. See link:
http://joedale.typepad.com/integrating_ict_into_the_/2007/05/a_web_20_cup_of.html

Best wishes

Joe

12:31 PM  
Blogger WBishop said...

Anytime Joe!

That is a great write up. I often forget about the cultural differences between areas. I'm glad I helped you learn what the expression Cup of Joe means...

Regards,

William Bishop (Bill)

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home