Monday, November 27, 2006

Educational Resources Through FCIT


Last year I had the opportunity to attend the Florida Educational Technology Conference (i.e. FETC) in Orlando and I came back with a wealth of information. The conference was top notch. I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to attend the conference. As such, I’d like to share one of the resources with the readers of this blog. What is it?

The Florida Center of Instructional Technology website. The FCIT is out of this world. It provides numerous educational resources for students and educators alike. It was set up primarily for Florida educators, but I use it when I have a need.

I particularly like the following resources: Teachers Guide to the Holocaust, Multicultural Education through Miniatures, Oral Histories from Vietnam, Free Presentation Templates, Exploring Florida in 3D, and ETC. There are many more resources available. Nevertheless, the Holocaust area of the site is worth visiting if nothing else. After all, “those who don’t remember the past are condemned to repeat it!” -George Santayana

Let me know if you find the FCIT resources useful. Thanks

Technorati Tags:

3 Comments:

Blogger CathyGassenheimer said...

Bill,
What a great blog you have created, full of information! Thanks for sharing!

11:26 AM  
Blogger CathyGassenheimer said...

Bill, What a great blog that you have! Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to a return visit!
Cathy Gassenheimer

11:32 AM  
Blogger WBishop said...

Thanks that means a lot comming from you. You have done so much and continue to do more than your share for the students of Alabama. Feel free to drop in anytime. I am a Newbie and I hope to improve as I move forward with this blog, my school blog, and my school wiki. All of it is a work in progress as am I.

Once again, thanks for the positive comments and keep up the great work at A plus and ABPC. If it wasn't for you and others I wouldn't have this blog, my student blog, or my student wiki. In addition, I am about to look deeper into moodling. I think we may be able to utilze it within our schools.

You can check out my student blog at http://bishopblog.edublogs.org and my student wiki is http://bishopblogs.wikispaces.com (The wiki is private and you have to request membership, also notice the "s" in the URL) I moderate it for safety reasons...

Thanks

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home